In the modern era too, tattoos are in trend, and this trend is ever rising. Getting a new tattoo, whether it was a planned one from a professional tattoo artist or an unplanned one by an amateur friend, can be a difficult experience for a person. In this article, we’ll focus on the Best Soap for Tattoos to keep your skin healthy and glowing as always.
The purpose of tattoos
Tattoos have been an integral part of human civilization for a long time. Tattooing is the the art of tattoo making. In tattoo making, ink, dyes, or pigments are inserted into the skin to form a design. Tattoos also provide an aesthetic look and feel to the skin. Although mostly used for beautification purposes, tattoos also have a wide variety of uses like they can be symbolic(having a special meaning for the person), pictorial(which is a tattoo depicting a person or an object). For identification purposes of livestock also, ear tattoos are used.
The importance of after-care using soap in tattoo-making
Tattoos require a proper amount of after-care and careful tending to so as not to have any allergic reactions. Tattoos can effectively be viewed as an open wound, which needs to be kept very clean. This starts with using the best soaps for your tattoos.
Many soaps which are available in the market contain harmful chemicals, which are bad for your skin and can lead to irritation or infection of your skin. It is very important that the soap that you for your tattoo has the best possible ingredients, which will greatly reduce the risk of adverse reactions.
You should definitely not use your normal bathing soap for tattoos since they contain fragrances and other ingredients that can be harmful to your tattoo. People with sensitive skin should be especially wary of using soaps that have additives and are fragrant. Heavy ointments which seal the skin and do not let it breathe should also be avoided.
The right way to wash your tattoos
For washing your tattoos properly, you should wash them with warm water using soap and then pat them dry using a towel gently. Tugging or using it rashly on the skin impacts the healing process of the skin negatively. To complete the cleansing process, you can use a moisturising balm too which should be fragrance-free. Try to moisturize your tattoo twice a day.
Best Soap for Tattoos
Now, we will try to suggest to you some of the best soaps for your new ink :
Best Tattoo Aftercare Soap: Dove Beauty Bar
- For people who have sensitive skin, this soap is a very good choice. Dove bar contains ingredients that are hypoallergenic(not likely to cause any allergic reactions).
- It helps to cleanse your skin as it contains ingredients such as palm oil, glycerin, and essential fatty acids. Palm oil is an excellent ingredient for retaining moisture, and it helps to soften and lubricate the skin by working together with glycerin.
- It revitalizes your skin and also provides a protective layer by creating a rich and creamy lather.
- The Dove Beauty Bar nourishes and heals your dry and itchy skin and is effective in washing away all the bacteria and impurities which are harmful to your skin.
- This soap does not contain sulfate and paraben, is completely vegan, and is recommended by many dermatologists.
- The only con of this soap is that it may be a little fragrant.
Best Antimicrobial Liquid Soap: Provon Medicated Lotion Soap
- The association of professional piercers also recommends this liquid soap.
- It has antibacterial properties and is mild on the skin. You can use it once or twice on a daily basis for tattoo cleaning purposes. Chloroxylenol is its active ingredient.
- The redness, itching, and infection that comes generally with tattoos can be healed by this liquid soap which has antiseptic properties.
- Ingredients such as coconut oil, corn oil, and fatty acids in this product help to prevent skin dryness and moisturize the skin, offering a protective layer to the skin.
- The Provon Medicated Lotion soap is completely free of chemicals and contains Vitamin E and aloe vera too, which condition and enhance your skin naturally.
- This soap needs to be diluted with water before use. It has a non-irritating formula and does not contain any added fragrances.
- The only downside is its poor packaging.
You might also be interested to know the Best Korean Toner for all Skin Types.
Best Hydrating: Neutrogena Transparent Soap Bar
- After getting a tattoo, your skin becomes itchy and dry. This soap bar contains a glycerin-rich formula that helps in healing and hydrating your skin after getting a tattoo.
- Neutrogena allows your skin to breathe as it does not leave any residues in your skin pores after cleansing them properly. It also has hypoallergenic properties, which means it contains ingredients that work against allergic reactions. Glycerin, which is a humectant, helps in retaining moisture in your skin is the signature ingredient of the Neutrogena Transparent soap bar.
- This soap seals a layer of water on your outer skin after pulling it out from the deeper layers. Sodium salts, which contain antibacterial properties and help in reducing bacterial growth, balance oil production and cleanse skin pores are active ingredients of this soap.
- For a beautiful-looking and vibrant tattoo, this soap is a must. This soap has many benefits like being paraben-free, sulfate-free, cleansing gently, and no added chemicals, dyes, or hardeners.
- However, this soap is expensive and also is mildly fragrant.
Best OTC Antimicrobial Soap: Tattoo Goo Deep Cleansing Soap
- One of the best cleansing antimicrobial soaps, the Tattoo Goo Deep Cleansing Soap provides protection against a broad range of microbes by inactivating enzymes produced by bacteria.
- Chloroxylenol is its active ingredient. This, along with another ingredient lauricidin, which has been derived from palm seed extract reduces infection at a cellular level.
- To eliminate infection-causing bacteria faster, this soap has a pH that is slightly acidic in nature.
- The olive oil which is infused keeps your skin hydrated and smooth.
- Your tattoo’s protection is guaranteed by the silky smooth texture of the soap.
- This soap has many pros like being pH balanced, alcohol-free, removes dead skin, lanolin, and petroleum-free but the problem is that it is slightly greasy in nature.
Best CompletelyTattoo Soap: Cosco Tincture Tattoo Green Soap
- Around the world’s tattoo shops, The Cosco Tincture Tattoo Green Soap is a permanent fixture.
- For disinfecting skin properly, this soap has been made from ingredients that are completely natural such as glycerin, lavender, and pure vegetable oils.
- While making tattoos, this soap can be used for cleaning the skin by removing dried blood and protein solids.
- This soap does not dehydrate the skin as it does not contain any harsh chemicals and is completely eco-friendly.
- The soap acts as an effective sterilizer; is soft on the skin and helps prepare your skin before tattooing. It is also quite popular in many tattoo shops. However, it has a very strange smell which can be problematic for some people.
H2Ocean Blue Green Foam Soap
- Containing Benzalkonium chloride as its active ingredient, The H2Ocean Blue Green Foam soap has healing properties and prevents infection.
- Even when present in low concentrations, this ingredient reduces inflammation by disrupting bacterial cell membranes.
- Aloe vera and sea salt, which are among their active ingredients deeply cleanse your skin without blocking your skin’s breathing pores, hydrate your skin and seal moisture.
- This soap is completely alcohol-free and contains no harmful chemicals.
- It is also fully vegan and contains no fragrances.
- However, this soap is expensive and has a poor-quality pump.
Best All-Purpose Soap: Ink-Eeze Tattoo Products Prebiotic Foam Soap
- Among tattoo enthusiasts, the Ink-Eeze Prebiotics Foam Soap is very popular. This soap can be used both before and after the tattoo-making process, it soothes the skin before the process and acts as a healer and cleanser after the process is complete.
- For sealing skin moisture, it contains coconut water and glycerin as its active ingredients.
- It is also completely natural with ingredients like kelp extract, sea salt, aloe vera leaf, and saponified coconut water.
- This soap keeps skin soft and nourished and the aloe vera extract and kelp extract help in hydrating your skin and reduce dryness and itchiness of the skin.
- This soap is pH balancing, reduces redness and swelling, has no harmful ingredients, and is mostly con-free.
Best Antibacterial Foam Soap: Camel Life Foaming Tattoo Soap
- The Camel Life Foaming Tattoo soap acts as an antibacterial soap without harming the tattooed skin.
- It is full of natural ingredients such as shea butter, jojoba, coconut, and olive oil along with glycerin, rosemary extract, and pure camel milk powder.
- This soap brightens the tattoo colour and contains emollients that hydrate and soothe your skin.
- Its key ingredient, camel milk contains protective proteins such as elastin and lanolin to repair your skin.
Getting a tattoo is a very exciting experience, but you have to make sure that you are able to take proper care of your skin even after the process has been completed, otherwise, this can lead to harmful infections. The soaps suggested above can help you in hydrating your skin, reducing itchiness, and making your tattoo look more vibrant by taking care of your newly inked skin properly. All this makes them the right fit in the list of the best for tattoos.
Leave a Reply