Whether you are in the waiting room for your dentist appointment or traveling to another city that is just hours away, you wished you had videos to watch to pass the time. The data in your device isn’t always consistent enough to provide smooth streaming or you run out of it in most scenarios.
What you can do in these particular situations is download videos ahead of time so you would have something to watch without having to use the data. This article will provide details about how and where you can download videos to watch offline.
Before you download videos, you must have a working internet connection so you can download faster and consistently while you are getting ready for your travels.
Xfinity internet provides a seamless connectivity experience that will allow you to download videos in a matter of minutes, depending on the internet speed you have subscribed to. Reach out to the customer service by calling their Xfinity phone number to get amazing deals for internet connections.
When you have decided on the internet connection, the next step includes finding ways to download videos to watch offline later and we are going to help with that.
Download Netflix Videos
If you have a Netflix app, you can download movies and TV shows on your phone, tablet, or even computer. Just need to follow a few simple steps;
- In the Netflix app, find the Downloads
- You will find the options for See What You Can Download, Find Something to Download, Find More to Download, or Available for Download (depending on what it shows on your device).
- Select the movie or TV episode that you want to watch and tap on the Download icon being shown on the screen (if you are using an Android device, you will see the option Download Season for TV shows).
You can have around 100 active downloads on your Netflix app, depending on the kind of Netflix plan you are on. These downloads are available for offline viewing for seven days and they expire 48 hours after you have viewed them.
Download HBO Max Videos
Subscribers of HBO Max with an ad-free subscription plan can download movies or TV shows through the HBO Max app on their phones and tablet.
- Find the movies or TV shows that you want to download on your HBO Max app.
- The icon for download will be shown next to the movie or episode that you want to download.
- Find downloaded videos on the Downloads tab through your profile.
HBO Max allows up to 30 downloads across all your profiles and devices. These downloads are available for 30 days for offline viewing. And these videos expire 48 hours after you have watched them, the same as Netflix.
Download Disney Plus Videos
Movies and TV shows on the Disney Plus app can also be downloaded through mobile phones, tablets, or computers.
- As soon as you have selected the movie or an episode that you want to watch, you will find the download icon next to the movie, episode, or season that you want to download for offline viewing.
- You will see a checkmark icon next to the downloaded item.
The 30 days of storage rule also applies to Disney Plus downloaded videos, however, if you have an internet connection, then downloaded videos can stay on your device indefinitely.
Download Hulu Videos
If you are subscribed to the ad-free subscription plan of Hulu, you can download movies and TV shows on the Hulu app on your phone or tablet.
- You can click on the Search bar for any movies or TV episodes that you want to watch. If it is in the list of Downloadable, it means you can download this video content for offline viewing.
- You will find the download icon next to the movie or TV episode that you want to download.
- After being downloaded, you will find the list of downloaded movies or TV shows in the Downloads
Downloaded content on Hulu is allowed to stay on your device for 30 days and expires 48 hours after you have viewed them.
Summing it up
There are a number of ways for you to download video content so that you can view it later for offline viewing. Just make sure you have enough storage on your phone if you are planning to download these videos in bulk so that you have plenty of content for offline viewing.