Peephole cameras are a special type of camera that allows viewing the visitors at the door and record footage of any activity. This camera device can be installed into the door viewer of the door.
Features of Peephole Cameras
Nowadays, these cameras are in huge demand due to their astonishing features, like
- Peephole cameras offer high-level home security. You can look outside at a person without letting them know. Moreover, the bigger field of view of cameras even helps in estimating if there is more than one person by the door.
- Video recording feature in digital door peephole cameras can help you to view footage in case of a housebreak or any suspicious activity.
- Some high-end digital peephole cameras also offer app access through which you can view video footage of your home from anywhere.
- Motion sensor feature in-camera devices start recording the moment any activity happens outside the door.
- The screen display will allow you to watch any visitor on a small LED screen installed inside your house without even opening the door. • Peephole cameras are compact and easier to install.
- Battery-powered peephole cameras can record every single move even in case of any unexpected power failure in the house which is very beneficial in case of burglar activity. Such cameras need a regular change of battery, so always keep in mind when to change the battery of the camera.
- Night vision on your cameras can help you to record activities even in the dark. Such features are usually helpful in the case of dimly lit apartments or in hallways.
- The facial recognition feature allows you to check if any of your known people came to your door recently.
- Sometimes, peephole cameras went unnoticed by the people which is the best way to get good security footage.
Tips for choosing the right peephole camera for your house
Before buying a peephole camera for your house, you should keep some things in your mind to select the right camera which will offer security and other features. Some of the features are discussed below –
- Camera quality – You cannot compromise with the camera quality of a peephole camera since it’s the only device looking outside the door. The most desired resolution for the camera is 1,080p. If there is good lighting outside the house or door, then 720p will also work.
- Night vision – Peepholes camera with night vision feature is very important. This feature allows us to see outside activities even in the dark. So this is also a very significant factor.
- Camera angle – 180 degrees is the most recommended camera angle but if you don’t have a much larger area to keep an eye on, 120 degrees will work.
- Motion detection – The cameras with motion detection features are highly recommended. It is a very important feature as it notifies you about any person standing at the door or even approaching the door.
- Battery – Most importantly, the battery-powered peephole cameras are most important. The cameras which can work even after a power failure are always the best and safe.
- Recording storage – A simple SD card can be used to store video recordings or images in a digital peephole camera. Some companies offer free storage during purchasing a new camera. More storage can be bought afterwards.
- Two-way communications – This feature will allow you to speak with a person outside the house. This feature is helpful when you are not at your house or if you are upstairs.
Peephole cameras have gained popularity over the last few years. Now, you can see who is at your door with convenience and without going out. These devices can record who entered your house, at what time, for how many times and even recognize from their faces. So, these cameras are very helpful in providing security to you and your family.
Best Peephole Cameras for your Front Door
Here are some of the best peephole cameras recommended for your house.
Brinno SHC 500 front door peephole camera
Brinno front door peephole camera is a premium option for home security due to its following features,
- It offers high-quality pictures.
- It is much easier to install.
- Equipped with Motion detection and knock detection feature. The motion detection feature helps in detecting any visitor standing at the door or approaching it. Furthermore, it sends the notification to the person inside the house.
- The camera angle offers a great view for video recording. This view is helpful in recording or covering a large area where security is needed.
- Features components like alarms and thermostats.
- Night vision for perfect home security. Video recording or monitoring is possible even in the dark.
- It is a long-lasting device since it depends on a power source.
- Its IoT capability makes it convenient to connect with any device.
- It can be incorporated with your google device and even Amazon.
- Availability of four AA batteries can last up to six months.
- It can record a 10 seconds clip and save it to a micro-SD card whether you are interested in watching the person or not.
- It offers a High-resolution Imaging system.
- A micro-SD card with a capacity of up to 32 GB can be used to save the data.
- Additionally, the recorded data are stored in a log which can be accessed to view images and video clips.
Ring peephole camera
- This peephole camera is an innovative piece of equipment.
- Its installation is incredibly quick, involving a little effort.
- This Wi-Fi peephole sends a notification on your phone every time a visitor approaches the door, rings the doorbell, knocks on the door or triggers the motion sensors.
- Using a two-way communication feature, you can even talk to a visitor, regardless of your location.
- The Ring Peephole camera is compatible with smart devices, like Amazon Alexa providing extra convenience.
- Ring mobile app can be downloaded from the play store or iOS which helps in monitoring activities from your ring devices.
- The camera battery is durable which means that it can be removed and changed at any point.
- It can also work as a doorbell.
- Come with a 1,080p crystal clear HD video display with a 155-degree field of view.
- An infrared night vision system allows seeing in challenging conditions.
- Include customizable privacy settings and support 2.4 GHz network connections.
STS 4.3” Wi-Fi doorbell camera
- Easy installation and low power consumption.
- Come with a 720p HD camera.
- Furthermore, it offers a wide-angle view of 155 degrees.
- The STS 4.3” Wi-Fi doorbell camera provides a clear picture with a 4.3-inch high-resolution display.
- Its night vision feature makes it comfortable to view any activity that happened at night.
- It is Wi-Fi enabled which makes it easier to access.
- Motion enabled technology can detect any kind of motion outside the door by sending notifications.
- Zoom – in and Zoom – out feature is also there to have a closer look at a particular person.
- Automatic energy-saving mode to protect the device from heating up.
- Automatic photo-snapping feature when people stay for more than 10 seconds.
STS 3.5” LCD colour screen peephole camera
- It is plain and simple.
- Its hassle-free installation makes it more convenient. Since no drilling on the walls is required to install it.
- The STS 3.5” LCD colour screen peephole camera provides a high definition resolution of 1,080p.
- It offers 120 degrees field of view for recording over a large area.
- It provides clear recording on a 0.3-megapixel camera.
- In addition, it is equipped with 4 AA batteries.
- On enabling its “Don’t Disturb” feature, the doorbell won’t ring.
- In addition, it comes with 32 ringtones.
- It is very simple and easy to use.
- It supports SD card expansion up to 32 GB.
H-come 3.5-inch digital peephole camera
- It has a 120-degree viewing angle.
- Equipped with 3.5 LCD display.
- Resolution – two mega CMOS sensors and OV industrial colour image sensor offers a clear image.
- H-come 3.5-inch digital peephole camera is an affordable option.
- You can view it outside anytime with the press of a button.
- You need to press the button for recording or take pictures since there is no automatic recording of activities.
- Batteries are easily replaceable and there is no need to replace the whole setup for changing batteries.
- No motion detection is there.
BCOM digital peephole viewer
- It is one of the reliable camera devices.
- Furthermore, it is a simple and quick installation.
- Motion detection technology is available.
- It provides a battery capacity of 5000 mAh.
- The BCOM digital peephole viewer can be synched with other Android or iOS devices.
- Battery reminder and battery charging via a USB port are also possible.
- Equipped with night vision technology which enables it to record each and every happening during the night.
- IP65 waterproof technology.
Eques greeter plus peephole camera
- Easy installation.
- A lens with a 165 – degree field of view.
- The resolution of the sensor is low.
- No need to swap batteries every time since batteries are rechargeable.
- It offers 2.8 inches HD TFT display.
- 1800 mAh battery capacity.
- Equipped with night vision feature.
AREBI spy camera
- This is one of the best Wi-Fi peephole cameras and is smaller in size.
- The AREBI spy camera is easier to install.
- Moreover, it records 1,080p video with an amazing 150 degrees field of view.
- The night vision feature is available. But this feature does not work when the outside is dimly lit.
- Motion detection feature.
- No two-way communication is possible in this case.
- It is available at a reasonable price.
- A rechargeable lithium-ion battery of 300 mAh is present.
Also, know about the Best Camera Backups for Travel in India.
Digitharbor digital door peephole viewer camera
- The Digitharbor digital door peephole viewer camera is available on the budget.
- A lens with a 120-degree field of view.
- It captures the visitor’s image once he/she hits the doorbell.
- It offers smooth accessibility to captured images and recorded videos.
- The camera has a low video resolution.
- Moreover, two-way communication is not available.
MECO doorbell camera
- It is a 2.4 GHz Wi-fi enabled doorbell camera with a 1,080p video resolution and 166-degree field of view.
- The MECO doorbell camera is equipped with a motion detection feature.
- The night vision feature is also available.
- It comes with a free chime and is IP65 waterproof.
- In addition, the battery is rechargeable.
- It offers a battery capacity of 6700 mAh.
- Picture quality and video recording quality remains the same during nighttime or low light.
- The camera device is weather-proof.
- A two-way audio feature is also available.
Kungfuking digital doorbell camera
The Kungfuking digital doorbell camera is one of the best selling camera devices due to its following features –
- It is convenient for children as well as seniors to use.
- It comes with a 3.5 TFT LCD screen.
- 32 GB SD card is also available to record videos.
- The video quality is quite good.
- It enables the Motion Detection feature.
- This digital peephole camera is capable of recording during the night due to its night vision feature.
- It needs a four-piece battery setup.
- The camera comes with OV HD Colour sensor resolution with 120 degrees field of view.
- It also alerts motion detection.
- Its set-up is much easier.
- Additionally, one can connect it to the TV conveniently.
- It has a 1.78 mm ultra-wide lens which is capable of capturing up to 170 degrees.
- Its fisheye scope is preferred for outside surveillance.
- Its battery setup comes with three AA batteries which offer short life.
Remo+ Remobell S Wi-Fi video doorbell camera
- It records high-quality video footage and offers a 180 degrees field of view.
- Furthermore, it comes with wireless Wi-Fi technology.
- Its infrared night vision technology provides premium quality video recordings.
- Its two-way communication feature allows you to talk with the guests outside the door.
- Additionally, it offers motion detection features with adjustable motion sensors.
- It only works with Android 5 or above or iOS 11 or above.
- Cloud storage for three days is provided free of cost. If you want extra storage then paid monthly or yearly plans are also available.
Shrxy 800 TVL CCD hidden door bell camera
- This camera can record videos in 960p high definition resolution.
- Its viewing angle is 170 degrees and is you can charge it electrically.
- The power consumption of this camera is 24 Watts and needs an input supply of 12 volts.
- Nighttime video quality depends on the amount of infrared light present outside the door. It will produce an image of a better quality when infrared light near door surroundings is 850 nanometers.
- Its H. 264 video compression format makes it the best door surveillance system.
Arlo AVDI00I-I00NAS essential doorbell camera
- Since the field of view of this camera is 180 degrees, you can have head to toe image of the person standing outside the door.
- It is weatherproof.
- It needs around 16 V AC voltage to 24 V AC voltage along with a 10 V transformer.
- Its local storage called Arlo Smart hub stores the recordings securely.
- A motion detection feature is also available. Moreover, motion alerts given by the camera devices are accurate and fast.
- It is operated by a battery(lithium-ion).
Most of us wouldn’t want to spend all day installing your new security peephole camera. So you might want to consider those that are easy to install. There are a lot of cameras that simply take the place of the doorbell. They don’t need to drill a hole in the front door. Usually, manufacturers provide video tutorials or user manuals. These explain the installation process step by step. Some of these cameras also include an indoor panel, which can simply be mounted onto the wall.
Leave a Reply